Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Here begins a journey...

...of making a slightly more permanent, yet always temporary home.

I saw my first all-to-myself apartment yesterday. It was charming. Old and sunny. That's all I've dreamed of in a place to live. There are windows everywhere! Hardwood floors. A faux fireplace. Little built in corner shelves.

Living Room

I'll be posting more pictures and giving updates on my progress. I made a list today of all the things I "need". It's rather long, but as I pray down the list for God to provide what I need, I know He'll make it shorter - by providing the things I do need and by showing me the things I don't really need.

One thing I'm very much looking forward to is welcoming folks into my home. They may be sitting on pillows on the floor, but I'll feed them cookies.

I pray that as I settle into this God-given place to live, I would not settle too much. That as I strive to fill it with things that make me smile and welcome others, I would not become too comfortable or too attached. That as I strive to be a good steward of this gift from God, I would not hold onto it with a firm grip. Because, I know that this is not really home. I know that this sweet little apartment will fall apart and that everything in it will burn up. As I consider these things, I am reminded that my Home is sure and secure. My Home will have the most amazing natural Light I've never seen. My Home will be forever Home. Now, that's something to look forward to!

No comments:

Post a Comment