1) A conversation with a friend today got me thinking about how we view the future and how we respond when the future becomes present. When we think about the future, do we try to imagine every possible outcome and step along the way? If so, we inevitably begin to worry and fear what lies ahead. Really? I mean, really, can we really know what's going to happen? So all this fretting and analyzing probably doesn't do any good? And probably doesn't change what is going to happen? Might even make it worse? Here's what I think: If we don't try to see the future, but let the future happen, we'll probably be better prepared to handle whatever does happen. Why waste the energy and emotion of imagining what we can't know until it happens? How about wait until it happens and then respond appropriately with that energy and emotion. (preaching to myself here)
2) Dreaming and working go together well. Too much dreaming and you haven't actually done anything. Too much work and you forget why you are even doing anything at all. Vision fuels the action. Action fulfills the vision. Vision can be blind without hands. Action can go dry without fire.
3) Contentment is my favorite place to be. Contentment that says I could stay here forever just like this. Contentment that says I could go anywhere and do anything. Contentment that lets go of control. Contentment that has confidence. Contentment.
2) Dreaming and working go together well. Too much dreaming and you haven't actually done anything. Too much work and you forget why you are even doing anything at all. Vision fuels the action. Action fulfills the vision. Vision can be blind without hands. Action can go dry without fire.
3) Contentment is my favorite place to be. Contentment that says I could stay here forever just like this. Contentment that says I could go anywhere and do anything. Contentment that lets go of control. Contentment that has confidence. Contentment.
No comments:
Post a Comment