Today was One Day Without Shoes. It wasn't much of a sacrifice to go barefoot...I love being shoeless. But, it was a great excuse/reason to not wear shoes for an entire day.
I went to work, where no one noticed I was barefoot until my co-worker saw my status on Facebook. I went downtown to eat lunch with a friend. I went to two antique shops, T.J. Maxx, and Target. I went to community group. Barefoot. Only two people glanced with curiosity and no one asked where my shoes where.
There was only one time I got grossed out - in the bathroom at the restaurant we ate at for lunch. And there were only a few times when I was conscious of the danger of being cut by glass or picking up a disease or parasite. But, nothing that would keep me from going shoeless again next year.
When I got home, I washed my feet in warm water. It reminded me that when Jesus washed His disciples feet, they were really dirty. Mine weren't really all that bad.
I'm grateful today for feet. For shoes. For the freedom to not wear shoes. For the ability to donate shoes to those who don't have them and need them far worse than I do.
And for Jesus, who got low to serve the lowest. Me being one of them.
*all pictures taken on my out-dated non-smart cell phone.
No comments:
Post a Comment