You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you. Trust in the LORD forever, for the LORD GOD is an everlasting rock. - Isaiah 26:3-4Our pastor spoke a timely and powerful word this morning straight from God's Word. It was from 2 Timothy 1:7-18.
...for God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control....Therefore do not be ashamed of the testimony about our Lord, nor of me his prisoner, but share in suffering for the gospel by the power of God...He laid out the reasons why we should not fear and the reasons why we do fear. I wish I could link the sermon right here. But, for me, it sent me back to Isaiah. To the passage that has been my theme for the last 7-8 months. Perfect peace. Fearlessness. Why? Because my God is forever. Because my Lord is my rock. The more I entrust myself to God, the more He reveals Himself to me. The more He reveals Himself to me, the more I trust Him. The little portion of God that I can fathom and comprehend gives me more than enough reason to completely trust Him in all things. The whole big other portion that I can't comprehend gives me even more reason to completely trust Him. He's so beyond me. He's holy. He's good. He's unchanging. He's my God.
What in the world or beyond the world do I have to fear? Nothing. God is on my side. His power is at work in me. He's working all things out for my good. He will receive all the glory...and in that is my good. How much does He love me? The cross. How does He love me? His Son. I've got everything I could ever need in Jesus.
Ok, I'm ready to go home now :) Can hardly wait.
No comments:
Post a Comment