Friday, January 7, 2011

Some random things I want to say on 1_7_11

Ted Williams:
The man who ruined his life and his mother's pride with alcohol and drugs gets a second chance at life because of...his voice? More like an incredibly merciful God. How many times does God intervene and take someone's broken life and turn it completely around in such a drastic way? I hope and pray Mr. Williams recognizes this miracle and acknowledges that this "God of his understanding" (reminds me of the unknown god in Athens) is the personal God who has given him so much obvious grace. I hope and pray he submits his "new" life to the Lordship of Christ so that he might truly have new life. God is showing His mercy and grace in such a public way through Mr. Williams!

Why would I ever want children?:
Lord, please don't let me ever want children for the following reasons: to play dress up with, to show off to others, to "rescue" them, to be "rescued" by them, to satisfy some maternal instinct, to secure a marriage, to raise good/moral citizens, to produce offspring that will carry on my legacy, to make the world a better place, to hug and kiss, etc. Lord, please help any desire I have for children to be solely that God might be glorified through the birth of a human made in His image that would continue to glorify God throughout his/her life whether sinner or saint by displaying God's patient kindness and/or saving grace.


Miracles:
I'm currently asking God for a few miracles. I believe that He is able...I hope that He's willing.

Friends:
I'm really loving a couple of my friends right now. Shout out to Muff and Chel!

1 comment: