Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Off Day

I had an off day today. Something like when physically you feel just a tad ill. A slight cold, or a little achy. Just not quite right. Well, mentally and emotionally, I was a bit off. No reason or cause as far as I know. Just more easily irritated and more likely to show it. Fewer smiles and more sighs.

And for this off day, I am grateful. It showed me obviously how much I need the Spirit. How weak I am in my flesh. It caused me to plead for help to walk by the Spirit and not according to my flesh. It made me dependent upon God. It was humbling.

I didn't make it through perfectly. But, Jesus did. Thank you, Jesus!

I pray and hope that my tomorrow starts in the Spirit and walks with the Spirit and ends with the Spirit. I hope my flesh gets left behind in my sowing to the Spirit. I hope I'll smile more and consider others more and better. I hope God is glorified and Christ is exalted in the way I conduct myself tomorrow.

Lord, please help me!

No comments:

Post a Comment