Sunday, January 2, 2011

2010 in Rearview...

When I look in my rear-view mirror while driving, I am not looking for the things that will fade into the background as I move forward. I am watching the things that are approaching and will soon catch up with me or pass me by.

I don't want to come away from 2010 with mere memories to add to my life's scrapbook. What I want to do when reflecting on the past year is not so much focus on what 2010 did for me in a retrospective way, but rather contemplate how God proved Himself to be who He proclaims Himself to be in all of history and anticipate how He will continue to do so in 2011. I do know that I caught a bigger glimpse of who He is in 2010, and I will strive to see an even bigger glimpse of Him in 2011. Each year, each day really, is not about me and my life and my resolutions and my failings...it is about God adding to His story about His glory. Each moment of each day of each new year promises more words, more sentences, more paragraphs, more chapters about Him.

I am so grateful for the 365 days full of God's promises fulfilled and character revealed in 2010...how can I not look forward to 2011 with eager expectation?

No comments:

Post a Comment