Monday, January 24, 2011

Shanley and Nakate

I met Shanley Knox once in California. She was the sister of my boyfriend-at-the-time's roommate. Through God's providence, we have become friends through facebook, emails, and her blog. I LOVE her passion and her ability to get things done. She is one of the most ambitious young women I've ever known. I'm naturally very passive, so I really appreciate this about her.

She recently started a wonderful work of buying handmade jewelry from women in Uganda (where she has lived and worked) and selling them here in the states. It's called Nakate. The jewelry is beautiful and allows these women in Uganda to provide for their families' needs.

One thing Shanley said at her blog was, "I remember God telling me, almost audibly, that he loved her.”You’re here because I love her,” he said." This stood out to me. Shanley does what she does because she knows that God loves the unlovely and she wants to love them on His behalf. That is so beautiful to me. I want to be more like her and I want to be a part of the work she's doing.

So, please get to know her and consider being a part of her efforts to love the women of Uganda.

No comments:

Post a Comment