Monday, February 28, 2011

Don't Rob us of the Gospel

I was not aware of the latest Rob Bell controversy yesterday when I wrote that rambling post on the gospel. I cannot express how immensely thankful I am that God in His abundant mercy has convinced me of the Truth of the gospel presented in His written Word and confirmed by His Spirit. I am deeply saddened by: 1) Bell's own confusion, misunderstanding, and seeming confidence in his position; 2) Bell's winsome yet obscure misleading of countless unbelievers and believers, 3) the defaming of Holy God and His righteous Son.

I pray that Bell will see God for who He is. I pray that Bell will see himself for who he is. I pray that Bell will see Jesus for who He is and what He has done. I hope Bell would be radically saved and transformed by this gospel that he is belittling. I want Bell to use his talents and creativity to make much of the only true God.

I also pray that God would use this latest controversy to expose the error and offense of Bell's teaching. I pray that those who have been misled by him would finally see Bell and his teachings for what they really are. I pray that this would send those countless unbelievers and believers in search of the Truth...and that they would find it.

Finally, I am praising God that I can tell a 10 year old to her face that she is a sinner deserving of hell and then have the most beautiful and amazing solution to that desperate problem. Don't try to take that away from those lost in their sin, bound to death, headed for destruction. Don't throw away real love.

No comments:

Post a Comment