Looking ahead and seeing a vacuum in the place of your future sounds scary. Stopping at the edge of a cliff knowing that you'll have to take a step forward is mind-boggling. Not knowing what is to come can drive us mad.
But, the truth is, we do know what is to come. We have a solid hope of what our future contains. Firm promises to count on. The evidence of faithfulness seen in looking back and confidence in faithfulness taking us beyond.
I'm learning - ever so slowly - that there is such beauty in the unknown. When I don't know, there's room for me to remember that He knows. When I can't see what's in store for me, my eyes are turned to the One who has orchestrated every detail of my life - past, present, future. When the future is unclear, I must live in the now. When I live in the now, I am grateful for what is. And when I am grateful, I am truly happy.
The unknown can bring a sanity that you never would have known otherwise.
__
But, the truth is, we do know what is to come. We have a solid hope of what our future contains. Firm promises to count on. The evidence of faithfulness seen in looking back and confidence in faithfulness taking us beyond.
I'm learning - ever so slowly - that there is such beauty in the unknown. When I don't know, there's room for me to remember that He knows. When I can't see what's in store for me, my eyes are turned to the One who has orchestrated every detail of my life - past, present, future. When the future is unclear, I must live in the now. When I live in the now, I am grateful for what is. And when I am grateful, I am truly happy.
The unknown can bring a sanity that you never would have known otherwise.
__
No comments:
Post a Comment