I love that at certain times, God reveals a portion of His character to you more clearly than you had seen it before. Lately, I've been struck by His compassion.
Studying Jonah has revealed His compassion for cattle and evil humans. And even for a man who ran away from Him. Reading through the gospels has revealed His compassion for grass, sparrows, and dogs. One of those dogs was a Gentile woman who came to Him for help. He ignored her at first. Then, He denied her. And then, she acknowledged her unworthy and lowly state as well as who her Master was. I love what Jesus says, "O woman, great is your faith! Be it done for you as you desire." Later, Jesus is getting alone and the crowds keep following Him. I would be annoyed and frustrated. Jesus had compassion on them and acted out of that compassion by feeding them - physical and spiritual food.
God is compassionate. He feels compassion. He feels compassion for those who are weak, sick, lowly, unlovely, needy. But, He doesn't just feel compassion, He acts because of it. His compassion is perfect.
Studying Jonah has revealed His compassion for cattle and evil humans. And even for a man who ran away from Him. Reading through the gospels has revealed His compassion for grass, sparrows, and dogs. One of those dogs was a Gentile woman who came to Him for help. He ignored her at first. Then, He denied her. And then, she acknowledged her unworthy and lowly state as well as who her Master was. I love what Jesus says, "O woman, great is your faith! Be it done for you as you desire." Later, Jesus is getting alone and the crowds keep following Him. I would be annoyed and frustrated. Jesus had compassion on them and acted out of that compassion by feeding them - physical and spiritual food.
God is compassionate. He feels compassion. He feels compassion for those who are weak, sick, lowly, unlovely, needy. But, He doesn't just feel compassion, He acts because of it. His compassion is perfect.
No comments:
Post a Comment