The brokenness of this world is unnatural. Fathers leaving their wives and children. Mothers neglecting their children. Children rising up against their parents and authorities. Men raping women. Men killing men. Men justifying their attraction to other men. And women doing the same. Just to name a few that I've been seeing too clearly lately.
I'm so sad today for this fallen world. How messed up it is and how much more messed up it seems to be getting. I'm sad that sin entered this world. And I'm sad that we still sin and are still affected by sin. I'm sad that evil and suffering exist...and that I have had a role in why they exist.
I am hopeful today. I believe that Jesus came to establish a new creation and will see it through to completion. I believe that when He returns, all things will be put back in order and perfection...the way it all was created to be...maybe better. I believe that His Church is the new creation here on earth and that we are part of His plan to make all things new. I believe that things are beginning to be fixed even now. I long for that day when all creation will breathe a massive sigh of relief and everything will once again sit in submission under the King of all.
I am cautious now as I have seen that in the places where Jesus is beginning to fix things, the prince of this earth comes quickly to thwart that work. We must be lambs and lions at the same time. We must be peaceful, peaceable, meek, gentle, loving, and kind. And we must be strong, bold, courageous, fearless, aggressive, and urgent. We are Jesus' ambassadors and soldiers. This is a war. Where the Spirit begins to work, Satan will quickly follow.
May we be sorrowful (over sin and this broken world), yet ever rejoicing (in the wonderful work that Jesus has accomplished and is now accomplishing in His Church). And may we always be on our guard against darkness.
No comments:
Post a Comment