There have been two times that I can remember in my life where God clearly spoke to me (maybe I'm not listening very well all the other times). I won't go into detail about what "God spoke to me" means. But, He did in His sweet nearness.
I was driving in my car just to be alone and cry and talk out loud to God. I was pouring my heart out to Him in a difficult season. And then, because He is near in times of need and because He is so sweet, He asked me a simple question. "Do you trust me?" I said, "Yes, I do...I will." And that was our conversation. My crying stopped. My striving ceased. My fears and doubts vanished. I experienced something that day that I've been learning from that point on. And today, I think I know it a little better and see it a little more clearly than I ever have.
When you truly trust God, you possess a peace and joy that is unshakable and inextinguishable. Isaiah 26:3-4 says, "You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You. Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord God is an everlasting rock." If our trust is completely in Someone who is unchanging and everlasting, then our peace will be unchanging and everlasting. And if you are at peace, then you have joy. Joy is not affected by circumstances. The only way to have joy is to trust in something other than your circumstances.
So, I've experienced this God-given peace and joy because I know my God is trustworthy and good and I will trust Him. I know my God is perfectly wise and desires my good and loves me to the uttermost. Why would I trust in anything else? And why would I view my circumstances as anything other than His wonderfully gracious instruments to mold me into a real human like His Son?
I will not choose misery, worry, doubt, fear, or chaos over perfect peace, endless joy, and confidence that all will work together for my good...for my best! I will trust in You.
No comments:
Post a Comment