Monday, September 27, 2010

When God is Bigger

Lately, I've been learning and seeing how much bigger God is than...anything and everything. Troubles get bigger, God proves to be bigger than those.

Lately, I've been learning and believing that God's picture is bigger than the small view I have. The small window-pane I'm currently looking out of only reveals a small, dark stroke in a massively beautiful masterpiece that God has been working on from the beginning of time.

Lately, I've been learning and experiencing that the joy of the Lord is much bigger and provides more strength than an immediate and temporal sadness.

Lately, I've been learning and witnessing God's power and authority to control all things...and His use of prayer to work miracles every day.

Lately, I've been learning and loving the power of the gospel unto salvation and for daily living. Without it, we are doomed without hope. May we dive into it head first every day...soaking it up, breathing it in, clothing ourselves with it, and treasuring it with all our hearts.

Lately, I've known the peace that surpasses all understanding...really, I don't get it. I don't know how I can be filled with joy and peace, when in my flesh I know I'd be flailing and failing. It's unexplainable and indescribable, but oh how I love it. Knowing that I'm full of something that comes only from the God of the universe and I could never possess apart from my precious Redeemer...that is bliss.

Lately, I've been confident that God is my God. That my God is big...huge. That my big God is good...so good. And I am His.

No comments:

Post a Comment