I've been in a nesting mood lately and can't quite figure out why. I've never really wanted to do anything too permanent in my apartment because I don't know how long I'll be there. I've moved many, many...many times in my life. I never expect to stay anywhere very long. And besides, there are the bugs. Every Spring, Summer, and Fall...and Winter, I have bugs in my house. There is the season of the wasps, which thankfully didn't appear this year. Then, the roaches (which are really huge, massive water bugs that like to fly). Then, the millions of lady bugs and red bug guts smeared on my walls and ceilings (I've become cold-hearted in my old age - lady bugs are definitely not so cute when they infest your home). Then, the occasional spider. Then, the muggy summer months that welcome the annoying tiny flying bugs that led me to sleeping with a sheet over my head. And most recently? Giant flies. In the middle of Winter. When it is cold and I normally have a reprieve from all bugs. But, no. Apparently it is just toasty enough in my bathroom for me to be greeted by 3-6 giant flies every morning. I will say, I'll take a dopey giant fly over a wasp or roach ANY day.
Whew, tangent much? The point is, I didn't expect to hit a nesting phase 2 years into living in this place. But, I have. And, therefore, I've purchased a rug (crazy good sale at Urban Outfitters)...
I thought it was black and white, but the description says chocolate. It arrived today and is chocolate, but a nice dark chocolate. Which is fine by me.
Also, I'm planning to paint the large inset panel of the inside of my front door with chalkboard paint. Make myself a little message center, shopping/to do list, reminder station. Excited about that! I may even prime with magnetic primer to make it that much better.
And here's to new-found habits/traditions. I can't keep my fingernails bare. I don't even wear jewelry (I have one necklace that I wear). And yet, I go from "Meet Me at Sunset", to "Black Out", to "Mint Candy Apple", to "Chinchilly", to "Good as Gold". I'm currently wearing my one non-Essie color, "Black Out". (and yes, I will put punctuation after quotation marks because it makes sense to me)
Check out my amazing sweater I found for $15. Perfect for these cold days.
A new tradition is Sunday night viewings of Downton Abbey with my boyfriend's mom and step-dad. I get pretty excited.
I'll post pics of my new rug and the chalkboard door when they are finalized.
Nice rambling post today...
Whew, tangent much? The point is, I didn't expect to hit a nesting phase 2 years into living in this place. But, I have. And, therefore, I've purchased a rug (crazy good sale at Urban Outfitters)...
I thought it was black and white, but the description says chocolate. It arrived today and is chocolate, but a nice dark chocolate. Which is fine by me.
Also, I'm planning to paint the large inset panel of the inside of my front door with chalkboard paint. Make myself a little message center, shopping/to do list, reminder station. Excited about that! I may even prime with magnetic primer to make it that much better.
And here's to new-found habits/traditions. I can't keep my fingernails bare. I don't even wear jewelry (I have one necklace that I wear). And yet, I go from "Meet Me at Sunset", to "Black Out", to "Mint Candy Apple", to "Chinchilly", to "Good as Gold". I'm currently wearing my one non-Essie color, "Black Out". (and yes, I will put punctuation after quotation marks because it makes sense to me)
Check out my amazing sweater I found for $15. Perfect for these cold days.
A new tradition is Sunday night viewings of Downton Abbey with my boyfriend's mom and step-dad. I get pretty excited.
I'll post pics of my new rug and the chalkboard door when they are finalized.
Nice rambling post today...


No comments:
Post a Comment