Recipe for Battle Zit Demolition: Sugar & Eggs
I've heard that putting raw eggs on your face would help your complexion. Something kept me from trying it until two nights ago. I'd had enough of my ridiculously flourishing zits and decided to attack them with all I had...in my kitchen. First, I made a quick sugar scrub. Sugar. Water. And slathered it on my face before the sugar could dissolve. I hoped this would scrub away the flakes of dry, dead skin from my frequent use of Witch Hazel. Then, I cracked an egg white into a bowl and slathered it on my face. All over. The smell, though faint, was so...discouraging. It was hard to go through with it. The consistency of raw eggs is not my favorite. But, after vigorously wiping off the egg, washing my face again with Aveeno face soap, and getting a good night's sleep, I woke up with what I thought was clearer, smoother skin. It may be worth doing once a week.
Sharing in the Joy of Innocent People
After initially seeing the news about Amanda Knox's acquittal, I was intrigued and watched several videos and read several articles concerning her trail, imprisonment, and appeal. The earnest plea she gave before the verdict was so touching. I so felt for her. And then, she was free. It just felt so right and good to see her exonerated. You see, I have this secret fear that some day I'm going to be convicted of murder or something. And I won't be able to convince anyone that I'm innocent. So, seeing that it's possible for an innocent person wrongly accused to finally be vindicated...it was a relief. And then I read about two other men who had spent a much longer time serving for crimes they didn't commit finally exonerated. Just makes me smile. It also makes me consider the fact that none of us really are innocent...and yet for a few, our crimes are exonerated because someone else served our time.
Which Family are You a Part of?
Yesterday, I talked with my kids about family. About their family, God's family, and a bit about Satan's family. As I was talking to them, I realized that there are really only two families. God's and Satan's. We are either children of God or children of the Devil. And the family characteristics are obvious:
Who do I want as my father? The only source of truth or the father of lies? The only source of all good or the manipulator? The only source of power or the slithering shapeshifter? I know which family I want to be a member of. I know which Father I want. I better check myself to make sure I have the characteristics.
Steve Jobs
An example of common grace. That God would give such gifts and success to a man. That God would use that man to further His Kingdom. Can you imagine the impact that Steve Jobs has had on the proclamation of the gospel? Sadly, we don't know if Jobs was a recipient of the gospel...but, isn't it amazing how God accomplishes His purposes?
Pain in the Neck
No, really. This happened the first time several weeks ago. This morning it happened again. A sudden, sharp, immobilizing pain in my neck. I mean, like cuss word pain. Can't bend head forward or backward and lifting arms hurts. Weird. Last time, it went away after a day. Hopefully, it will do the same this time.
On Bartleby, Poe, and Louisiana
Writing papers is my new hobby, apparently. Fortunately, my first paper covered so much information, it was easy to fill 4-5 pages. Also, my first English essay will be on a topic I wanted to write an essay on before I knew we had to write an essay. And Poe. I may be making a mistake by choosing Poe as my research paper topic. But, I'm going with it.
And Last, but Definitely Not Least
I've heard that putting raw eggs on your face would help your complexion. Something kept me from trying it until two nights ago. I'd had enough of my ridiculously flourishing zits and decided to attack them with all I had...in my kitchen. First, I made a quick sugar scrub. Sugar. Water. And slathered it on my face before the sugar could dissolve. I hoped this would scrub away the flakes of dry, dead skin from my frequent use of Witch Hazel. Then, I cracked an egg white into a bowl and slathered it on my face. All over. The smell, though faint, was so...discouraging. It was hard to go through with it. The consistency of raw eggs is not my favorite. But, after vigorously wiping off the egg, washing my face again with Aveeno face soap, and getting a good night's sleep, I woke up with what I thought was clearer, smoother skin. It may be worth doing once a week.
Sharing in the Joy of Innocent People
After initially seeing the news about Amanda Knox's acquittal, I was intrigued and watched several videos and read several articles concerning her trail, imprisonment, and appeal. The earnest plea she gave before the verdict was so touching. I so felt for her. And then, she was free. It just felt so right and good to see her exonerated. You see, I have this secret fear that some day I'm going to be convicted of murder or something. And I won't be able to convince anyone that I'm innocent. So, seeing that it's possible for an innocent person wrongly accused to finally be vindicated...it was a relief. And then I read about two other men who had spent a much longer time serving for crimes they didn't commit finally exonerated. Just makes me smile. It also makes me consider the fact that none of us really are innocent...and yet for a few, our crimes are exonerated because someone else served our time.
Which Family are You a Part of?
Yesterday, I talked with my kids about family. About their family, God's family, and a bit about Satan's family. As I was talking to them, I realized that there are really only two families. God's and Satan's. We are either children of God or children of the Devil. And the family characteristics are obvious:
By this it is evident who are the children of God, and who are the children of the devil: whoever does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor is the one who does not love his brother.
(1 John 3:10)
Who do I want as my father? The only source of truth or the father of lies? The only source of all good or the manipulator? The only source of power or the slithering shapeshifter? I know which family I want to be a member of. I know which Father I want. I better check myself to make sure I have the characteristics.
Steve Jobs
An example of common grace. That God would give such gifts and success to a man. That God would use that man to further His Kingdom. Can you imagine the impact that Steve Jobs has had on the proclamation of the gospel? Sadly, we don't know if Jobs was a recipient of the gospel...but, isn't it amazing how God accomplishes His purposes?
Pain in the Neck
No, really. This happened the first time several weeks ago. This morning it happened again. A sudden, sharp, immobilizing pain in my neck. I mean, like cuss word pain. Can't bend head forward or backward and lifting arms hurts. Weird. Last time, it went away after a day. Hopefully, it will do the same this time.
On Bartleby, Poe, and Louisiana
Writing papers is my new hobby, apparently. Fortunately, my first paper covered so much information, it was easy to fill 4-5 pages. Also, my first English essay will be on a topic I wanted to write an essay on before I knew we had to write an essay. And Poe. I may be making a mistake by choosing Poe as my research paper topic. But, I'm going with it.
And Last, but Definitely Not Least
![]() |
| Yesssss...although, I could never bring myself to eat it. Ew |

"White chocolate Cut Offs." YES!!! I'm stealing this. ;) And the egg face mask idea!!!
ReplyDelete