Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Good Food

I like food. A lot. I think about it often - sometimes I plan my day around it. I get excited about it. When I think about it, I might need to be careful of idolatry...

I was in California for a week and ate healthier than I've ever eaten in my life. Tons of fresh, organic fruits and veggies. So much garlic...in everything. Asparagus eaten like french fries. Oranges, apples, strawberries, raspberries, blueberries. Homemade guacamole, homemade hummus. Cucumbers, zucchini, eggplant. You get the picture.

So, coming back home was hard on a lot of levels. One being that I just don't have much access to or fundage for fresh, organic foods that I love to eat. I also don't have the time to whip up some balsamic vinaigrette with fresh garlic (or a garlic press, for that matter). But, I am determined to try my best.

So, whenever I succeed (in my mind) in eating a healthful meal, I'll post it here to remind myself how possible and good it was.

TODAY:

Breakfast - strawberry yogurt and a Kashi banana chocolate chip bar
Lunch - whole grain pita pocket with hummus, bell pepper, and spinach along with a small side of wheat thins
Snack (planned, but not yet eaten) - organic celery sticks with peanut butter
Dinner - to be determined...

No comments:

Post a Comment