Friday, May 14, 2010

The Kids I Love

It's been a while since my last post. Maybe because I forget. Maybe because it's not important to me. Maybe because I feel there's no real worth in it. But, one person told me she had read my posts...so, for her, I write.

My mind has been filled lately with my neighbors. My neighbors have dark skin, eyes that never settle, and voices that have no capability of being "inside". They are full of energy, whether it comes from the ungodly amounts of candy and sugar and preservatives they eat or from a rich cultural history. They are loyal, fiercely loyal, to their families. They are funny, so innately humorous it shocks me sometimes. And I love them.

Myself and some others embark on an adventure twice a week..the adventure of captivating their attention in order to broaden their understanding of the world through education and exposure to things they've never heard of or seen or imagined. And most of all, to introduce them to Jesus.



2 comments:

  1. Cat this inspired me(:
    I am so psyched about this! I am going to be praying like crazy for all you guys up there teaching and stuff. Wish I could be there with ya'll but God knows what he's doing, eh? (:
    Well just wanted to encourage a fellow servant of Christ. Love yah always <3
    ~Tally

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl. Loved this! And I feel so special when you write for me :P I'm just kidding. I think writing is good for you. That's why I'm encouraging you to keep going. Haha, you're awesome.

    ReplyDelete